The 5G HUB Vaasa project is a joint collaboration between three universities:
The 5G HUB Vaasa research project is a joint collaboration between three universities: Vaasa University of Applied Sciences (VAMK), University of Vaasa & Novia University of Applied Sciences. The objective of the project is to develop, pilot and test 5G technologies for industrial use, and to produce results based on actual industrial use cases.
Through a separate investment a new 5G test laboratory will be established. The test laboratory is situated in the Technobothnia research laboratory in Vaasa. See the 5G Laboratory page for more information.
- To establish a 5G/6G test laboratory to strengthen digitization research and product development in the region.
- To communicate and experiment with local operators to investigate a selection of use cases with the resources available in the test laboratory.
- To strengthen the R&D infrastructure and development environment of digital solutions and smart systems that serve as focus areas for smart specialization in Ostrobothnia.
- To develop 5G/6G know-how, and support companies and business networks with new business opportunities in identification and development work in Ostrobothnia.
- To increase the networking of universities and colleges in the region with national research infrastructures, and support the application of competitive R&D funding from national and international sources.